1. Invertebrate-microbe interaction in marine species of commercial interest
- Cellular, humoral and intestinal immunity;
- Antimicrobial defenses in crustaceans (penaeid shrimp) and mollusks (bivalves);
- Antiviral defenses in shrimp;
- Host defense proteins/peptides (antimicrobial peptides);
- Role of natural microbiota in host immune responses.
2. Immunogenetics of marine invertebrates
- Molecular basis of resistance to infectious diseases;
- Gene expression signatures;
- Genomics and Transcriptomics of marine invertebrates.
3. Marine Biotechnology
- RNA interference (RNAi)-based therapy;
- Characterization and application of bioactive compounds from marine invertebrates;
- Identification of hemato-immunological parameters involved in animal health;
- Application of biotecnological tools for aquaculture development.